Sunday, September 17, 2017

Ambiance: Lighting & Candles


Lighting is very important to the ambiance in our homes. Whether it be lamp light or candlelight, it sets a certain mood. 

If you mainly depend on overhead lighting, don't any longer! Bring in the lamps. When it's dark outside, go into various rooms and turn on a few lamps, and you will immediately set a certain mood in your home.

In winter, lamps and candles are so pleasing when the wind is howling or snow is falling outside.


I had all these taper candles, but only two candle holders to put them in. So I looked in my bedroom closet and grabbed this jar and stuck them all in it. The more the merrier!

Then there's the candles on my coffee table.


You don't need anything fancy to gather your candles in. These are on a white platter. 

A candle by itself is pretty. But a grouping, I think, is gorgeous and much more impressive.

I also really like tiny lights in jars. Here are tiny lights in my bedroom along with two flickering candles.


This little vignette of lighting is on the dresser next to my bed.

Then there's this one. You've seen it before. The green jars were a purchase from Hobby Lobby a few years ago. Found on the clearance aisle.


These two green jars are on another dresser in my bedroom. I always have this one on when I read in bed.

For very little money, you can light up your home with candles and/or tiny lights in a jar.

I think you'll enjoy your rooms more if you have pay extra attention to the lighting.



No comments:

Post a Comment