Sunday, December 31, 2017

A Look Back At 2017...


My sister and I found one another. 

We still have not met, as we live in different states. We talk on the phone. I've been learning about her life. Her childhood. 

I've learned more about two of my sisters, and I wrote about that here.

This is Marietta. Doesn't she have a beautiful smile?


I wrote about how we found one another here. We have found that we're actually quite a bit alike, though she is younger than I am. 

I wrote about our similarities here


Our family is complicated. I imagine most are. 

We were separated early on. Six siblings, who really know next to nothing about one other. I wrote about that here.

I wrote about sisters here and here and here

And speaking of family, then there's precious Andrew...


I wrote about a day in the life of a little boy here.  

Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails, that's what little boys are made of.


In the middle of the night my bed broke. Right at the front right where my head was. I wrote about that here.

So I had to get a new bed. Abi is showing it to you.  

I decided to take the removable wallpaper off the wall behind my couch. Was that ever a chore! I wrote about that disaster here.


We had a power outage and it broke my beloved Breville Smart Oven. So I had to get another one. 

I wrote about the Breville here.


Abi managed to corner a huge possum out on the patio in the middle of the night. Boy, that was a sight! 

I wrote about that here.


Charlie Ross learned how to chew a bone at age 11. I wrote about that here

They finally cut down the two trees that were pushing my fence down. 


This got me to thinking about growing trees in containers. 

So I went to Southwood Nursery, just to look around, and ended up coming home with Jade, a Jade Butterfly tree. 

I wrote about that here.


Just before Christmas I woke up to snow. It was beautiful. 

We don't get snow around here often. Especially not right at Christmas. I wrote about that here.

So now it's a week later and the new year will be here in just a few days.

Another calendar taken down. 

Another year of possibilities.

Another year when I will write to you from my cozy little home and sharing my life with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment