Sunday, October 1, 2017

Working On The Wall


Yesterday and the day before I worked on "the problematic wall." 

I used a mop and repeatedly soaked it in vinegar, Dawn detergent and hot water, then washed and scrubbed the leftover wallpaper goo.

This "goo" is beyond intractable. 

This experience has put a very bad taste in my mouth for wallpaper. Any kind of wallpaper. I rue the day I put it up.

I get hot and sweaty and that is aggravating the eczema I'm dealing with. It is uncomfortable and hot and aggravating. Ugh!

I have to get on the stepladder to take nails down closer to the ceiling and then I fill the holes. I work a bit at a time, then rest my ankle.

I have now made the living room a work zone. 

I covered the couch and moved it toward the middle of the room. I moved some of the bigger stuff to the bedroom. Now everything is pushed together so I have a place to work on the wall.


I put a layer of DryDex spackling on per day and let it dry. 

I know somewhere I have a bigger putty knife, but I can't for the life of me find it. So I'm having to work with a small putty knife which means more applications.

I don't know if I will have to scrub the wall some more before I can apply the Zinsser primer or the paint. I'm hoping that I don't. But I'm not holding my breath.

I get a bit excited when I wash the wall down and scrub it and it doesn't seem as sticky. Then it dries and it's sticky again. I really don't know what would take this stuff off.

Imagine trying to sand with the dust falling and sticking to the goo. Pieces of the drywall comes off and falls into the wall goo and I have to dig it out. Ugh!

The pupsters and I will be living back in the bedroom until I can get this situation under control. Will keep you updated.


No comments:

Post a Comment