Friday, October 20, 2017

What My Patio Looks Like Now


First I have to show you this gorgeous butterfly enjoying my Johnny Jump Ups. 

Now I'm going to show you my patio, a bit at a time. I'd love to hear any ideas for my patio now that I don't have two trees.

Here we go...


Yeah, across the alley is the ugly back of a strip mall. Not too enthusiastic about that view. The two trees at either end of the fence facing the alley helped hide this view. But it is what it is.

The tall building you see is across the busy street from the shopping center. The shopping center has a restaurant, a donut shop, a used book store, etc. in it.


Just to the left of the gate was this tree. The stump is about 2-3 feet wide, but close to the ground.


As you can see, a bird has planted one tree for me in this red pot. Does anyone know what that tree might be?


Above is the tree stump up close to my apartment, which is my bedroom wall. 

Then beyond the tree (now a stump) that was up close to my outside wall (my bedroom) is an area that goes toward the front and is where the outdoor air conditioner unit to my apartment is. 

I don't have access to the side area from the back patio. But there is another stretch of fence outside my patio that separates the air conditioner from the open alley.


I didn't have black garbage yard bags for clean up, so I used white kitchen trash bags. Then I used my hose to wash away some of the dirt and tree dust debris.


Above is the only tree that has branches hanging over into my yard/patio space. I can't recall what you all said it was, after I showed you the spring blooms that are white and so aromatic. I think a lilac maybe? 


Now we'll go along the side of the fence that backs up to the guy living behind me.

These photos were taken before noon yesterday. So you can see that I have quite a bit of shade in the morning hours.


There's Charlie looking on. So now you know what my patio looks like after the trees were removed a week ago.

The maintenance man finally finished putting up the fence yesterday. I thought he'd never get it done so I could take down the chicken wire. I was on the verge of paying someone to do it because I couldn't lock the gate.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment