Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Throwing My Hands Up & Sunday Sadness


I know you're probably getting sick of reading about the problems with my living room wall. I sure am sick of dealing with it. 

The contractor's strength residue remover did not work. And my ankle is not up to this task after five days of attempting to remove it from the 15 foot wall.

I called the apartment manager yesterday and asked her to check with their painter and ask if he's willing to possibly attempt to fix this. And if so, if he'd come over to give me an estimate.

I mean, what do you do?

The painter works for the company that manages this complex along with others, so he doesn't just work here. Thus I have no idea when I might know something.


What a terrible tragedy that occurred in Las Vegas. Innocent people outdoors enjoying music at a Sunday evening festival.

Congress is about to look at legislation on gun silencers. The argument is that hunters need silencers on guns to reduce hearing loss.

But the fact is, a person, potentially a victim, has a fighting chance if they can hear the sound of shots being fired. They might have time to get away before being killed.

The Duncan legislation includes language revising federal regulations on the sale of gun silencers, also known as suppressors.

Buyers have to submit fingerprints and a photograph. Federal law enforcement agencies keep a record of silencer purchases. There is also a $200 transfer tax on silencers.

Duncan’s proposal would eliminate those requirements, as well as refund the transfer tax to anyone who has purchased a silencer since October 2015. 

In my opinion we need more laws regarding guns, not less.   


It is hard to wrap one's head around why a 64 year old man living in a retirement community, with no criminal past, would do such a thing. I'm sure more information will come out as time passes. 

But the why does not matter. It never does. Our citizens, our children, deserve better than this.


No comments:

Post a Comment