Sunday, October 15, 2017

Sunday Relaxing & Online Ordering


I'm yearning to get out there and clean up the patio from the dust and tree chips. But I'll have to wait until I can take the chicken wire fence down. 

And that will have to be after the maintenance man puts up the remainder of the fence. He promised he would not leave until he finished Friday, but I guess it got dark and he gave up.

It is times like this that I wish I knew a good handy man.


I will have to get accustomed to more sun out there. Taking two large trees out of the picture sure makes a big difference. 

And it also makes for a lighter apartment due to a few windows that are no longer shaded.

Next spring when planning the patio garden I'll have to take into account a much sunnier patio. 

I've gardened here for three and a half years now, and have grown accustomed to the shade trees in my planning phase. I'll plant more vegetables and herbs for sure.
 

The poor birds seem confused, as well as the squirrels. Where did their wonderful tree branches go? At least there is a tree in another yard that has branches extending over my patio. 

Meanwhile I'm enjoying my bowl of Johnny Jump Ups. I go out and deadhead the spent blooms and that is a relaxing endeavor. 

Nothing like something affiliated with gardening to quickly calm me. 

And rain. But I don't think rain is in the forecast. However cooler weather is. And I'm looking forward to that. 

That's when I'll get out on the patio and do clean-up and cut back some of the container plants. 


I placed an order for a few things from Kirklands yesterday. They have a good online sale going, as well as some promotions. If you like their decor, you might want to sign up for their promotional emails.

It's for the wall in the living room. I'm steadily working to get things situated, even though the painting isn't quite finished yet. 

I'm trying to pace myself and take it slow after the grueling taking down of the wallpaper and the problematic glue residue removal. That glue problem really hampered things.

Hope you're enjoying your Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment