Friday, October 27, 2017

Paring Things Down

 

I got up yesterday morning and decided I wanted to simplify things around my apartment and put things away. 

When you live in a smallish space, the desire to pare things down sometimes overcomes your desire to pile on the pretties.

So I started changing things up on the walls and tables. It just depends on my mood on how I want things decorated.

 
I love all the old jars and bottles I've collected over time. And I also love the vintage boxes I have. So I left them out.

 
Charlie laid on the ottoman and watched as I moved about the room. Abi was probably following me. 

Sometimes I step backwards and almost fall over her.

 

We're supposed to be getting some cold weather, and I feel ready for it. I'm sick of the heat, which is about six months out of the year now. I could never live in a really warm climate.

I switched up the living room wall. The grocery sign is one of the things I ordered from Kirklands, and the flea market sign was something I picked up last time I went to the antique mall. 

I seem to want to go from a whole lot of color to not much at all. And then sometimes I'm on more middle ground.


I even changed up the dining space. And switched out the wall decor. I had to move the blue cupboard from the back wall to the side. 

I was getting up from my chair at the table recently and backed into the cupboard and nearly knocked everything down. So I had to have more space behind my chair. Or I was going to be cleaning up a whole lot of glass.

 
 
Do you ever get in the mood to scale things down and put things away? I get in this mood from time to time. But the pendulum will swing back the other way at some point.

Do you have any weekend plans? Is it cold where you live yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment