Thursday, October 19, 2017

Fresh Fruit & Patio Flowers


The clematis is blooming again. It hasn't bloomed since spring. 

Due to the cooler weather, many of my garden blooms have returned after a long hot summer.


I'm enjoying Granny Smith apples and lemons from the grocery store this week. 

Have you ever tried a few squirts of lemon on baked potatoes? It's tasty! I've decided I'm going to get more creative with baked potatoes.


Do you ever use oil cloth on your table? 

It keeps the wood from getting nicked up. And it gives the dining space a vintage vibe. It's old-fashioned, sure, but that's what I love about it. 

I actually prefer the kitchens of yesteryear where the table and chairs were in the middle of the kitchen.
 

Seems like the potato vine and Hyacinth Bean vine blooms are appearing later than usual this season.


I noticed that this morning glory flower is more of a magenta color. Usually they're dark purple.

When I was young, I recall that magenta was a color I often chose from the Crayon box.

A garden of flowers reminds me a lot of that childhood box of Crayons. Maybe that's one reason I love gardening. The vibrant colors give me such joy.


The Johnny Jump Ups love the cooler temperatures. Pansies and Johnny Jump Ups always fade away in my garden as soon as the heat hits.


Do you have any blooms left in your garden?



No comments:

Post a Comment