Saturday, October 28, 2017

A Few Days Of Cold Weather


A cold front came through night before last. 

Yesterday I braved the cold to go out and take a few pics, as it will be freezing any day now. Then it's supposed to go back to warmer temps. 

I may not have blooms for much longer, so I wanted to capture a few while I still can.

 
I still have a few rose blooms. The wind has been blowing hard, so I'm kind of surprised the petals are still in one piece.

 
I've been bringing my pot of Johnny Jump Ups inside at night. I'd like to enjoy them as long as I can.

 
My pineapple sage is just now sporting a bloom. I'm not sure why it's taken so long. Seems a bit odd that we're nearly to November before it's blooming.

 
Here's Abi sniffing that same pineapple sage. They seem really attracted to this plant more than any other out on the patio.

 
If it's getting cold where you live, remember to unhook and drain your water hose. 

Do what you can to put your garden to bed for winter.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment