Thursday, September 14, 2017

Your Bedroom, Your Sanctuary


I've read that oftentimes the master bedroom is the last room to get decorated in a home. 

People decorate the living room or family room, the kitchen and the dining room. I guess they figure they can just close the bedroom door and no guests will see it.

But what about you? Don't you count? Since we spend a third of our lives in our bedroom, we need to make sure that we love it. You're not going to want to spend much time in a room that you hate.


I have colorful quilts on the walls, so I have recently taken a more subdued approach to my bedding. Gold is a fall color, and I have decorated my bed in various shades of this color.

I find it more soothing to use one color in a range of shades as I have done here.


Since I didn't drag out my bin of fall decor, the gold shades fill my need for seasonal decorating. And the best part is that I can use it all year if I want.


I've been talking about pampering yourself this week.

Even if you live alone, you can still have breakfast in bed. You just have to do the preparations yourself. Then you can lie back down and enjoy the fruits of your efforts. 


All you need is a tray. Then get your coffee prepared and head back to the bedroom to linger a bit longer as you sip it. Maybe you want to have breakfast as well. A muffin and coffee would be nice.

Light a candle if you so choose. And if you like to watch the morning news shows, you might want the remote control to be handy.

If you live alone you probably don't have someone giving you the luxury of breakfast in bed. 

So just think outside of the box (I know. I say that a lot, don't I?) and pamper yourself.


After all, who knows better than you what you prefer? Create an atmosphere that you love. 

A mattress is very important to your quality of life. Did you know that you're supposed to get a new mattress every eight years? I went ten, but last year I got a new mattress. And that makes all the difference in the world in how well you sleep.

Get bedding that you love. This gold quilt and two shams are from Wayfair and the set was $28.99 for a full-size bed. There was a wide range of colors.

In case you're interested, it is called the Savin Quilt Set. It had four and a half stars and 2600 reviews. (I always read the reviews) 

It is part of the Laurel Foundry Modern Farmhouse series. You can look at everything they carry, and there's something for every room, including furniture.  

And it's on sale right now so don't dilly-dally! It doesn't say for how long so hurry!

Dress your bed to suit yourself. Two pillows or four? A blanket or a throw? Maybe they're small decisions, but they're important ones to you.


If you dress your bed nicely, you'll be more apt to make your bed before you start your day. I think it's important to your peace of mind to make your bed daily. At least it is for me.

Aside from good bedding, maybe noise is also an issue and it bothers you at night. I have a sound machine that was under $20 at Bed, Bath & Beyond. 

I can't go to sleep now without having it on. I tune it to rain.

Please don't put yourself last. Do things that will make you feel more content. You won't regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment