Friday, September 29, 2017

Seasonal Changes In The Garden


When I lived in East Texas, I had lots of Eastern bluebirds visit my garden. They don't visit me here, so I enjoy looking at the Eastern bluebird on the cover of this book displayed on my coffee table. 


It has rained the past few days and cooled off a bit, for which I'm very grateful. 

I still haven't started the wall project. It usually isn't a good idea to start something like this in very humid weather.

And frankly, I'm using that as an excuse too. Because I'm not anxious to start this particular project. Ugh!

So I'm enjoying the cooler weather and trying not to look at the wall with its gooey mess. And when I sit here on my couch, it is behind me, so it's easier to put out of my mind.


From time to time I go out on the patio and take in the beauty of the Sedum Autumn Joy with its resplendent rusty blossoms.

 
With the recently cooler weather this week, I'm seeing new growth on some of the other plants, as in the daisy above. I love to watch the petals unfold.

 
The chocolate mint smells so wonderful as it winds and meanders between the pots and plants. I guess the insects don't much like it, as the leaves aren't as eaten up as many of the other plants.


Take time if you can to enjoy these changes in nature. 

The wonderful thing about seasonal weather is being able to watch the daily ebbs and flows of your garden. I feel so calm as I walk among the container plants on the patio. Watching the birds. The subtle fading of the tree leaves. 

So much to enjoy. 

I think of the utter devastation in Puerto Rico. The people scrounging for food and water. Walking miles for just a bit of gas for generators. And sweating through their days without the benefit of power for air conditioning.

Such a horrible tragedy that has affected so many in so short a time.

And I realize I have much to be grateful for.


No comments:

Post a Comment