Friday, November 4, 2016

One Painting Project Finished

I told you that I was working on a painting project. Well, here it is. Can you tell what I painted?


It's the backs of the bookshelves. 

It was plywood, and let me tell you that it just ate up that paint. What you see is four coats of paint. 

And this is that cabinet durable paint from Valspar that you have to wait at least 8 hours between coats. Now you see why it took me much of the week!


I had taken the bookshelves back to the bedroom. But the bedroom was getting a little too crowded. 

I've had these bookshelves for years, and I always thought one day I might paint the backs of the bookshelves another color to highlight what is inside. Because brown just doesn't do much for decor on the shelves.

So I decided to paint them the same color as the dining room coffee bar and little pantry. To give the whole area a unified look.


Now I know you're going to look at my Charlie up there and laugh. You see, this is how he looks with only two teeth on that one side. The other side looks a bit more normal. 

I guess you'd call it a slightly baffled or possibly demented look.

It is his I-only-have-two-teeth, folks look! 

My poor little boy. His long serpent-like tongue is often hanging out one side of his mouth. 

And then there's the squinted, recently surgically lasered look on the other side that still looks a bit pained.

So you can laugh at his expense. I won't tell him. I laughed myself.

Did I tell you that the pupsters are afraid when I laugh? It's not like I have a witch-like laugh or anything. They are just afraid of odd things, like gnats and laughter.


It is hard as all get out to get a good photo of much in here because the apartment is narrow and long. 

I have decided that I will work with three paint colors for my furniture that I choose to paint. The furniture will be painted either the light French blue color of the hutch and coffee table. 

Or the buttercream gold color of the coffee bar and backs of the bookshelves. 

Or the oregano green of the cabinet with my TV on it. 

That same oregano green is getting ready to head to the bedroom. That is my next painting project. I'll let you imagine what I'm painting next.

And then the accent color is red for the most part.


I can't remember if I've talked about these end tables or not. I've had them most of the summer. They came from Wayfair and had to be put together. Which surprisingly I was able to do for a change.

However there was beginning to be a bit too much brown in here, so the light color in the back of the bookshelves helps lighten things up.

I admit that I made some boo-boos in painting the backs of the bookshelves. I ran out of masking tape toward the end, and it bled through in places. 

But rather than worry about it, I took the casual approach I've recently adopted, which is: Just cover it up with stuff and no one will see! 

Do you do that? Or are you a perfectionist when it comes to painting?

No comments:

Post a Comment