Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Reading & Relaxation


Lately I've been reading a lot. Over the weekend I read about 800 pages. All of one book. Much of another.

This means I turn off the cable news and stop worrying about the world.

I look at Abi and Charlie, sleeping like little babies. Charlie is always on the left side of me, and Abi is always on the right. I hear their tummies gurgling.

They don't seem to have worries outside this home. Unless it barks. 


Charlie has somehow forgotten about the black speck in the corner of the dining room ceiling. Thank goodness. I hope he doesn't remember it again.

I look out the patio doors and watch the birds and squirrels do their thing. I watch the sun rays slant across the fence, changing hour by hour.

The other day I heard the ducks squawking. I jumped up in time to go out on the patio to look for them before the squawking stopped. 

The resident ducks sounded so close. But no. There they were in  near perfect formation flying far above me.


I often have Law & Order reruns on in the background. It's quite rare that one comes on that I haven't seen time and time again. 

I watch Marisky Hargatay go from young ingenue to middle-aged woman. And handsome Christopher Meloni, who is on so many episodes of Law & Order SVU, leave the show and be replaced by someone else. 

But really, no one can replace him in my book. He was the heart and soul of SVU for years. Not sure why he left. 

But Olivia, played by dark-eyed, dark-haired Mariska, soldiers on.

Regardless of the fictional crimes being played out on TV, it is more soothing to me than much of what is actually going on.

Often I just listen to silence, the true arbiter of peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment