Thursday, November 9, 2017

Bits Of News


I have been back here in my bedroom for so long now that I can't recall when I was last even in my living room. Well, it's really only been a few weeks but feels much longer.

I'm doing a bit better. I've been keeping the heating pad on my lower tummy much of the time, and that soothes me.

I look at blogs and Pinterest and I'm surprised at all the Christmas decorating already accomplished by many. I know many bloggers decorate early to accommodate events they're involved with.

Even if I felt better, it's just far too early for me to take that on. I'd be sick to death of it if I decorated for a holiday this soon.

What about you? When do you like to decorate?

Note: Comments were down yesterday. I got a lot of emails and contacted Blogger, who got it fixed by yesterday afternoon. Many bloggers on Blogger had their comments down for whatever problem that was occurring.
 

Scary and sad all the sexual assaults we are currently hearing about now, isn't it? It's good that these allegations/crimes are being brought to light.

Just goes to show you, it just takes one. 

And then there will be another and another and before long victims are lined up and supporting one another. And hopefully justice will prevail. 

What is wrong with people? Didn't anyone teach them growing up to keep their hands to themselves? Well, obviously they didn't listen.

Shame on them.


History was made on Tuesday with some 2017 elections. Transgendered Danica Roem, 33, won in the 13th district Virginia House of Delegates. 

She unseated Bob Marshall, who referred to himself as Virginia's "chief homophobe." He refused to publicly debate Danica. Now she's removed him from his 25 year seat. 

When asked about Bob Marshall, Danica Roem said: “I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.” 
 
Makes me happy to see that people who bully and play dirty do not always win.

And Seattle elected its first lesbian mayor.

What I Think: There is room for all of us. Just because you may be different no longer means that you can't achieve your dream in this land of the free and home of the brave.

Women, go forth and make us proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment