Thursday, February 2, 2017

An Eventful Day


Well, yesterday was a busy and eventful day. At least for me it was.

First, I decided I just didn't like that mirror in the bathroom. I love the mirror, but I liked it in the bedroom. And I didn't have anything I liked to replace it over my bed. 

So I decided to go see what I could come up with at River City Trading Post (my fav antique mall in Jenks).

I got in my car, went to start it, and it wouldn't start. I kind of panicked, because I don't know diddly about cars.

I kept trying and finally it started. I kind of wondered if this was going to happen, because the battery had been sputtering a bit lately. I had gone to some places Sunday to see about a battery, but they were closed.

So it was time to check into it. I went to the Jiffy Lube around the corner, because they change my oil. Online it said they had batteries, but that one didn't. 

He told me to head down the road to Walmart, which of course I hate, but I had to do something before I turned that car back off. 

So down to Walmart I went, and they said they only had one battery that would work, because my car is an SUV four wheel drive. So I said fine, do it. 

And then I said you might want to check my tires to see if they need balancing or something. Because I've been wearing the boot lately and I tend to run over curbs driving in it.

They said I didn't have some digger-jiggy to unlock my tires. Then I remembered my son-in-law had told me a couple of years ago when I got two tires that I needed to get that. So will have to tend to that little chore. Whatever it is I need to do.

Then I went on down a few miles to the antique mall. Walked up and down every single aisle, limping in my boot. 

I felt like Goldilocks. Some of the mirrors were too small (I always carry a tape measure), some were too big. And none were just right.

Until I got to the very last aisle and I saw my prize for $21! And Goldilocks said "it is just right."


Once I got home I had a message from my youngest sister, the only one I've had communication with. I heard her voice for the first time!

So I call her back and we talk for hours and oh my God, she sounds SO much like me it is a bit scary!

In the middle of that, Israel calls. He'd been in Mexico for well over a month because he had to have hernia surgery. He said he was in town now and headed to my house.

I get off the phone, and we catch up. I was limping around and so was he. He tells me the stuff I thought was what Kenny was putting between the vanity and the wall was not Dap, it was silicone. 

That didn't mean a thing to me. I don't know a thing about either one. But Kenny had never come back, and I understand they're moving him somewhere else now. 

So I dug around in the drawer and found a tube of what looked like what he used to finish filling it up.

Israel tells me I need to dig it out because I can't paint over silicone. Well, shoot. I spent so much time trying to get that stuff smeared in there and managed to get sticky stuff all over me doing so.


So I start digging around and I manage to mess it up, so guess, since Israel lost his job across town being in Mexico so long, I might just have to pay him to finish that off. 

Also I need to get my mirror solidly against the wall, because it has no frame and I hung it on the thing-a-ma-jig Kenny put up there that splays out to stay in the wall where there isn't a stud.

I also found a iron/wrought iron shelf with a towel bar at the antique mall that I want to spray paint a coat of glossy black I have over the dull black it currently is. 

And I couldn't find a stud in the whole darned wall across from the vanity.

When I moved in, there was a towel bar up there, but it was hanging out of the wall because it wasn't screwed into studs, so early on I ripped that thing out and taped paper over it until Kenny fixed the holes last week.


I also decided I want to go more feminine in the bathroom, so I found some wall decor items for over the coffee bar, so I can take what's there and put in the bathroom. 

They are the Janet Hill paintings in this photo.


 So that was my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment