Tuesday, January 31, 2017

I Need Help With This Bathroom

 

There isn't a window in here, so it's hard to get a photo with so little light. So sorry for the glare from the new lights.

First off, I forgot to get a close-up, but the edge just below the counter top shows the brown of the wood underneath. Guess I'll have to touch it up with paint after taping off the counter top. 

He didn't set it back far enough. It should have come forward a bit to hide that wood. Too late now. Already firmly glued down.

Yes, the toilet was always very close to the vanity here. You knock your elbow a lot.


Now here's where it starts to get ugly. Remember the floor/wall or whatever was not level. So the new vanity set askew from the wall. Everything was just off balance.

He applied mud twice to the wall to help fill up that space. But that still left a big space between the wall and the very front of the vanity, that narrowed as it got to the back.

I couldn't leave it like that. First it looked ridiculous. Second, water would have gone off the side and damaged the wall.

He couldn't seem to come up with a solution after that, so I said let's put some wood pieces there to reach to the wall. 

So I went and got wood and this is what he did.


Then there's this large hole. Which means I don't have much surface space to put things. It was there that water went into the drawer below because he didn't connect the pea trap fittings. Or something like that.

What can I put in the spaces around where plumbing goes into the wall? That's another spot for mice to come in.


See how the tile got broken at the bottom. Then part of the reason for the piece of wood was to fill in that spot where there was no more tile going to the wall like before.

Only thing I know to do is to paint the wood. Either white or the color I painted the walls. 

Suggestions?


Then there's at least an inch here if you look between the toilet and the back of the vanity. Guess I'll have to get some wood and nail it to the wall.

So there you have my problems to be solved.

Here are my thoughts: I took the mirror from my bedroom where it was above my bed. I've considered spray painting the brown red. But not sure if that's a good idea or not. 

I guess I will put a small painting above the toilet, because there really isn't room for much else, like storage.

All suggestions appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment