Sunday, December 11, 2016

Christmas Link-Up Reminder & Book Review


The "Home For Christmas" Party Link-Up...

Bloggers, don't forget the "Home For Christmas" link-up that Debra and I are hosting on Tuesday. Share your holiday home, recipes, whatever relates to Christmas.

You will be able to link up your favorite holiday posts till Christmas.

You can link up at 9 a.m. this Tuesday, December 13th...

In the meantime you should go look at Debra's blog and see all her wonderful holiday decorated rooms. She has some beautiful vintage pretties to see!

What I Just Finished Reading...



I finished reading "Under The Influence" and gave it to my daughter to read yesterday when they were here to pick up the coffee table. 

She in turn gave me "The Cuckoo's Calling" that I started reading last night.

I wasn't that crazy about "Under The Influence." You knew from the beginning that these friends were going to ultimately have some problems that ended their friendship. You just didn't know what it was.

So I stuck out the book to see what it was. But I must say that it wasn't my favorite book from this author.

I'm anxious to see what my daughter thinks after reading it.

What I'm Reading Now...



This from Amazon.com...


"The Cuckoo's Calling is a 2013 crime fiction novel by J. K. Rowling, published under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith.

A brilliant mystery in a classic vein: Detective Cormoran Strike investigates a supermodel's suicide.

After losing his leg to a land mine in Afghanistan, Cormoran Strike is barely scraping by as a private investigator. Strike is down to one client, and creditors are calling. He has also just broken up with his longtime girlfriend and is living in his office.

Then John Bristow walks through his door with an amazing story: His sister, the legendary supermodel Lula Landry, known to her friends as the Cuckoo, famously fell to her death a few months earlier. The police ruled it a suicide, but John refuses to believe that. 

The case plunges Strike into the world of multimillionaire beauties, rock-star boyfriends, and desperate designers, and it introduces him to every variety of pleasure, enticement, seduction, and delusion known to man.

You may think you know detectives, but you've never met one quite like Strike. You may think you know about the wealthy and famous, but you've never seen them under an investigation like this."


I have never read a J.K. Rowling book, of the Harry Potter series.

Have any of you read this book, under the pseudonym of Robert Galbraith?



No comments:

Post a Comment