Friday, September 23, 2016

Seven No Cost Decorating Tips

So you're a bit tired of how your living room looks, but there just isn't money in the budget right now to buy anything. 

You can still get a whole new look to enliven your space. And it won't cost you a dime. I promise. 

Here are some things you can do:


1. Rearrange the furniture



2. Clean up the clutter





3. Shop your home 


I tend to "shop my closets" since I don't have a garage or attic! I purged a lot of things yesterday to my youngest daughter. But I will still be "shopping my closets." They'll just be a little less cluttered.


4. Repurpose what you already have

You can do lots of things with an old window frame. Such as the coffee bar idea below.



5. Change up vignettes on table surfaces




The delightful blog Swoonworthy shows you how to create a coffee table vignette. Great ideas here!


6. Completely switch out your bed linens 

Remember to mix prints and colors. It doesn't have to match!



7. Change elements and decor in cabinets and hutches

Confessions Of A Serial DIYer showed how she completely changed the look of her hutch. In the second photo she added scrap book paper to the back. Two totally different looks!

That girl is so clever.

So seven ways to give your home a whole new look for zero dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment