Tuesday, July 19, 2016

So What Clothing Did I Break Down & Buy?

Last Wednesday marked the first time in over five years that I stepped into a store and actually tried clothing on. 

I chose to go into Marshalls. 

I'd always just walked right past the women's clothing on my way to the back where the home decor is without a sideways glance.

But that day, I told myself it was time to dip my toes into the water and check back into the world of fashion. 



I was looking at hand bags, and suddenly an alarm went off. My heart raced. What on earth had I done?

A woman working there came along and said I might have pulled the purse out too much. Seems that now they have them hooked up to these rope-like things. 

Turns out it wasn't that. It was a suitcase just down from me. 

But it was enough to make me panic and head home. That day was just not the day, I told myself.

I went back the next day to Ross, and actually did buy a hand bag. I didn't realize they had great brands in hand bags.

I have so much to learn!

Now I have a total of three hand bags. Enough for now. 



I proceeded down to Dress Barn. I'd never been in this store. But it was virtually empty, so I walked in and strolled down the aisles. 

A woman who turned out to be my age (thanks Dana!) helped me. I did break down and buy a couple of tops. You got a good deal if you bought two. 





The two sleeveless tops above are what I purchased. (No, I'm not that skinny!)

After the ankle break, I have put on twenty additional pounds, so I have inched up into a plus size. Hopefully I can turn that around. 

I told myself I shouldn't let that stop me from trying to be fashionable again. 

I may be in fifties, nearing close to sixty, but that does not mean I can't look in the mirror and occasionally smile back at myself.

We are all different, but that should not matter. Beauty, I think, comes in all shapes and sizes.  


But you know what I REALLY needed? A new bra. Over five years is a bit long to wait to buy a new bra, huh? 

Dana told me that their sister store (which I didn't know), is Lane Bryant. And it was just down the way a few stores. So I headed there next.

I wear a double D bra, so I can't go in just any store and find what I need. But in the past, I've always found that Lane Bryant has good bras. So I ended up buying two. Got a great deal with those too. 

And surprisingly, I ended up buying a pair of black leggings and a black sleeveless top as well. 

I couldn't find it online in black. So this is the white one. (Just envision it black...)



Yea, leggings are back in! 

I have always loved leggings. I figure black leggings and a nice long-ish black top with black sandals will look great.

Now mind you, I haven't worn any shoes besides sneakers, or sneakers and the boot, for over four years. But I figure I might be able to wear some of my old shoes for an hour maybe? To go out to lunch perhaps?

I sure hope so. I hate not getting to wear pretty shoes, and I have boxes of them in my closet.

So that is my current fashion update. I plan to make fashion a part of this blog. I've turned my back on it for far too long. I will call these posts "fashion finds."



After moving here from Texas, it was just months before I had my ankle accident. 

A boot from my toes to my knee just does not scream "fashion." 

So fashion took a long vacation in the back seat.

Turns out, I ended up back in the boot the next day. I had managed to walk too much. But I didn't let it get me down. It is just a part of life and I have accepted that. 

Accept what you cannot change...

Stay tuned. I know I need to work on dressing more than my apartment. 

So look for frequent fashion updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment