Monday, November 27, 2017

Warm Sunny Days & Almost December


The weekend was nice and sunny. Saturday the air conditioner was on for a time. We're still in that "in-between" weather.

I didn't go out from Wednesday all the way through the weekend. If my glasses come in today, I will go get them.

Some of you have emailed me to say that I can take my current eye glasses to a store to get a new nose piece. 

But that isn't possible for these type glasses. There is no frame, so there is nothing to attach them to.

I'd have to have a whole new bridge piece that holds the two lenses together, because that is what the nose piece is attached to.


This past weekend my ovary was really pressing on my bladder and that drives me crazy. It's also making me nauseous again. I'll call the doctor today. 

If I only get a week or so reprieve with this cyst, I want to know what options I have. I hate feeling like I have to be in the bathroom all the time.

Someone asked me if I really had a UTI last month, or if it was the ovary causing problems. 

The test came back positive the first time I went to the doctor, but came back negative the second time. Which was when they ordered the ultrasound.

The echocardiogram is scheduled for I think the 5th, but I'm waiting to see what my part of the cost will be. 


Christmas is very scaled down at my place. I'm still debating whether I'm putting a tree up or just decorating table tops. 

I think I'll make my decision based on how I'm feeling physically the first part of December. 

I'm thankful I don't have to do what many of you do for holidays. No huge family or stress for me. 

So I can decide based on only what I want and not take anything else into consideration. I know many of you love the bustling holiday activity. But I don't. I like it calm and quiet.

I did all the bustle and activity when my kids were young. Now I consider myself retired from all that! 


I did a lot of reading over the weekend. Finished one book, and all but read most of  "The Mistake" Saturday evening. I lay in bed with a hot pad on my lower tummy and read till I get sleepy.

I got a notice that management will be coming in during this week to check and see if we have kitchen and bathroom electrical GFCI outlets. 

I've actually forgotten what that looks like. But my outlets look normal, so guess I'll have to have them. I'm dreading it. I don't feel like having anyone in here.

What's going on at your house this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment