Friday, November 24, 2017

Holiday Leftovers & Other Stuff


I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. 

How many of you had to wear elastic waist pants yesterday due to overeating?

My daughter brought me much of their leftovers because they're traveling out of state. Didn't have to cook yet I have all the leftovers. Yea!

Did any of you notice that I changed the flowers in the jar in my blog header? I was Googling around and found this bouquet free to download.


For some reason it just grabbed my attention and I downloaded it. (It might have had something to do with the fact that it had a red flower in it. And you know how much I love red.)

Then I took this jar graphic...

And it became this...


I'm still on the fence about Christmas decor. So no, I haven't started decorating yet.

One problem is that my glasses are driving me crazy and I can't seem to adjust my eyes to the older pair once the pair I was wearing broke. 

The new ones should come in Monday I'm hoping. 

The other is that I still need to finish painting. Still haven't finished the living room.

And then there's the fact that I purchased more paint for the dining room because I ran out and needed to fill some nail holes. 

And you know what? Apparently I bought a different white than I normally do. It's brighter. Guess I grabbed the wrong one. 

So before I realized it, I went ahead and patched holes and covered them with the new paint, and it looks spotty crazy now. 

So I will have to repaint the dining room. 

Also, when I painted the living room, I used a semi gloss white. 

And now every flaw in the walls (of which there are many) stick out like sore thumbs. I didn't realize that would happen when I painted over the flat white.

I don't like to decorate for the holidays with spots and flaws glaring at me from every wall. So I haven't figured out how much time I want to devote to a painting project I hadn't anticipated before Christmas.


I've been having a lot of Granny Smith apple slices with peanut butter. A good little snack. Do you like apples with peanut butter?

Have you decorated for Christmas yet? If not, when do you plan to start?

I've been seeing Christmas decorating on many blogs before November even began. Personally I just can't go there that early. 


No comments:

Post a Comment