Saturday, November 11, 2017

Ducks & Mustaches & Grocery Store Visit


Is this how ducks sleep? Because I saw quite a few ducks doing this when I took photos that day at Swan Lake.

Yesterday morning I got up and went to get groceries. I had to abort my last trip Monday in Walmart. So instead I went to my local grocer where I normally go, which isn't crowded and they provide help to your car if you need it.

I did pretty well until I got to the check out. Toward the end of that process I started getting hot and sweaty (I wasn't wearing a sweater or anything) which is usually a precursor that I'm not going to last much longer. 


Standing in line I was flapping my hands in front of my face (like that does a lot of good) because I needed some air. 

I told her I was a little under the weather and was getting a bit weak. I then proceeded to blather, which I sometimes do when I'm feeling self-conscious.

I told her that things had kind of been downhill since I'd had shingles six months ago after going to the dentist. 

She then told me that her friend had had shingles and died. 

Isn't it funny how when you relate a story like this that whoever is listening will then proceed to tell you the worst story they are aware of? Guess it's just human nature.

I felt better once I got outside. I drove home with my shirt sleeves rolled up and the windows down. I'm sure people in other cars thought I was crazy because it was in the forties!

When I got home I rushed to get the groceries in and then stripped down to nothing to cool off. Which took about an hour. 

Do you do this when you're feeling faint? 


After I rested up a bit, I felt great. Maybe the D-Mannose you guys told me about and I immediately ordered kicked in.

Of course I'm lying in bed most of the day. But I'll take feeling good in bed over the past week of feeling bad in bed. I even went out on the patio and took a few pics when the pupsters went out.

Leslie, who sent me the face vase of the male with the mustache, sent me a photo. She told me that she was relating to her husband what she'd sent me, and she showed him a photo.

She said he then looked over to the big bottle of water he'd just brought in.

For some inexplicable reason, there was a mustache on the water. Isn't that odd? Why would someone put a mustache on water? 

Maybe it was a private joke for someone. But it ended up in a home that was not privy to the joke.


Here's another photo I've been meaning to show you. If you live in an apartment or condo and want to have or already have a dog, check this out on someone's balcony. Can't recall where I found it.


Looks like Franklin has a pretty nice outdoor space to me!

Hope you're having a great weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment