Friday, October 6, 2017

Abi's Vet Visit


I got up yesterday morning and went to get a few groceries. Then took Abi to the vet. 

She coughs much of the night due to her trachea, but when she wasn't coughing the last few nights, she was crying. I figured her throat was hurting and I was right. 

After her examination, the vet told me that she now has a heart murmur. He said that the heart problem makes the trachea problem worse. 

He also told me that at night allergens have been collecting throughout the day, thus at night the coughing is worse. I typically give her an allergy pill at night and a small amount of children's cough medicine in the hope of getting more sleep.

So I left with pills for her heart and a liquid antibiotic for her throat.
 
 
What you see above are new clematis shoots growing out of dead clematis shoots. Usually by this time of year I have cut many of the plants back in preparation for fall/winter. I'm just behind on my schedule.

I really wanted to get pansies for fall. But I looked at the containers outside and they are still full of growing plants, so I asked myself: Where would you plant them? 

I usually get pansies in the spring and then they normally come back in the fall when cooler weather arrives. But I didn't do that this year. I really love the little pixie faces of pansies.


My weekend will probably consist of sanding the wall where I had to patch it, then washing it down and trying the Gardz. I hope it doesn't smell bad because my living room window is taped shut. 

A maintenance man taped up the seams of the window last year because of the dust getting in. Might have to take the tape off.
  
Now I'm glad I'm not having someone else work on the wall after I paid that vet bill. I wouldn't be comfortable having someone in here anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment