Tuesday, September 12, 2017

One Living Room Table Top Three Ways


Today I'm showing you how I created three tabletop vignettes for the sewing machine table next to my couch in the living room. 

There is a different sewing machine table on the other side of my couch, and I'll decorate and show that later.


1. Version #1

For the first table top vignette, I chose for the background three elements: The birds/eggs wall hanging, and two wash boards of different sizes.

For a running theme for these vignettes, I chose natural neutral colors.

In the first one, I used a vintage wooden box in front of the birds/eggs wall hanging. Then I filled it with various vintage bottles and jars and a small faux plant.

To the side under the wash boards, I chose two faux plants (Hobby Lobby Saturday purchases) and the black bird. Then I placed vintage bottles and jars next to it. 

Below the sewing machine table, on the round industrial end table I used a round galvanized container and added to it various sized vintage bottles and an ampersand.


2. Version #2

In the second vignette, I used the same background. But instead of the vintage wooden box, I used a dough bowl and filled it with faux flowers, a bird's nest with faux eggs, and various vintage spools and rulers.

To the side under the wash boards, I used a faux plant, two candles, and the vintage shoe mold.

Below the sewing machine table, on the round industrial end table I used a vintage muffin tin filled with candles.


3. Version #3

In the third vignette, I used the same background, and added a vintage wooden box. 

I added various decor to the box, then placed the blue dough bowl with candles and pears in front of it. Then I added the faux plant in the green galvanized container from Hobby Lobby.

Below the sewing machine table, on the round industrial end table I used stacked books with a feed scoop and more small candles.

***

I tend to keep big pieces of furniture arranged on a quasi-permanent basis, as there's not a lot of room to change things up. But I do change up the decor on these pieces more often.

I already had everything in all three vignettes except for two faux plants and the green galvanized container that I found at Hobby Lobby Saturday.

Which is your favorite look? 

Do you like to often switch out vignettes in your home?



No comments:

Post a Comment