Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Freezer Meals


I freeze a lot of meals so I have leftovers. But I have a small freezer on top, and I have ice trays and an ice container up there as well.

Of course having freezer meals in baggies would surely take up less room than frozen meat. So this sounds like a good plan to me.

I spent some time creating a Pinterest board called Freezer Meals. I figure this would be a fast way of preparing meals for myself and also saving for later.

You can always look on my Pinterest boards and find things very easily because I have the boards in alphabetical order. 

I also have an extensive Crock Pot/Slow Cooker Recipes board with nearly 1000 recipes on it as well. 

On the Freezer Meals Pinterest board, you will find meals for one, meals for two, Paleo meals, gluten-free meals, low carb meals, crock pot meals, breakfast meals, diet meals, about-to-give-birth meals. There's a bit of everything!

I recall that when my kids were in grade school, I would often spend Sunday afternoons cooking up meals and freezing them so I could just pull something out and cook it. 

We didn't have all the fancy small appliances we have now. We didn't have microwaves yet. But we did have crock pots. Oh, how on earth did we survive!

So if you cook freezer meals, please let me know which ones are your favorites. And if you have any tips for the rest of us.

***
I want to thank you for all the suggestions on the bathroom. 

Now that I actually have water and a sink and am not waiting any longer for someone to come help with the project, I'm not as anxious over the whole situation.

I'm taking my time to figure out what I want to do in there. Oftentimes if I just mull it over for a few days or more, it will all begin to fall into place for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment