Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Still No Bathroom & No Progress In Sight


Well, here I sit, Tuesday, Day 4, with no bathroom sink. And nothing more done.

No one was in the office yesterday for some odd reason. I didn't hear Kenny's truck all day long. So I assume dthat they had meetings somewhere.

He told me he would try to work on the bathroom in between his other jobs on the property here and there.  

I just saw Kenny outside. He is very sick and going back home. Just came to pick up the trash. 

I knew he had had to take his wife to the Urgent Care Clinic on Sunday. Seems he has whatever it is now. And so does the apartment manager. So that's why no one was around.

I SO thought I'd have everything squared away by now. But seems I picked the wrong time. No telling when I'll actually have this project done now.

This seemed so simple. Take the old vanity out, ugly old thing, and put the new one in its place.

It never occurred to me that the bathroom wall would be so "off" that the vanity would look ridiculous when it was first set in place.

Or that there would be no floor, just dirty concrete, in which to set it on.

Or that the floor tiles would get broken as things got moved about. 

In the middle of the night, I get a bit confused. I wander around and nothing is where it's supposed to be. My water glass is not in the bathroom. Oh yeah, it's temporarily in the kitchen.

I have stacks of things that are supposed to be in the bathroom, but have no place to go. They are expatriates in a foreign land. With no home in sight.

I feel set adrift. Like an old canoe that someone forgot to secure, that suddenly starts bobbing out to sea. Headed who knows where.

I don't handle changes like this well. And the older I get, the harder it is to handle.

I don't like being confused in the middle of the night.

I am fidgety and cranky. My food doesn't settle well in my stomach. I keep heading for the generic Tums bottle.
 
Of course, months from now, this will merely be a footnote. I will have a bathroom set up again and all will be well with my world. (Surely that will happen...)

Hopefully it will be warm then and I will be outside planting flowers. Birds will be chirping and flitting among the new green leaves. 

Spring will have sprung and the world will be set to rights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment