Thursday, January 5, 2017

New Books & Second Closet Finished


I just received these books from Harper Collins for review. Here is a synopsis of each from Amazon.com.

The Bones by Faye Kellerman: Release date February 28/Available for pre-order.


In this thrilling chapter in Faye Kellerman’s bestselling series, Rina Lazarus makes a shocking discovery in the woods of her upstate New York community that leads her husband, police detective Peter Decker, through a series of gruesome, decades old, unsolved murders, pointing to a diabolical, serial killer who’s been hiding in plain sight.


Mississippi Blood by Greg Iles: Release date March 21/Available for pre-order.


The endgame is at hand for Penn Cage, his family, and the enemies bent on destroying them in this revelatory volume in the epic trilogy set in modern-day Natchez, Mississippi—Greg Iles’s epic tale of love and honor, hatred and revenge that explores how the sins of the past continue to haunt the present.


The Drifter by Christine Lennon: Release date February 21/Available for pre-order.


Megan Abbott meets M.O. Walsh in Christine Lennon's compelling debut novel about a group of friends on the cusp of graduating from college when their lives are irrevocably changed by a brutal act of violence.


The Almost Sister by Joshilyn Jackson: Release date July 11/Available for pre-order.


This book does not yet have a synopsis online.

I'm still reading and enjoying the second in the Cormoran Strike series by Robert Galbraith/JK Rowling.


When my daughter finishes with the third book in this series, she'll give it to me to read.

Now, the second walk-in closet in my bedroom. I worked on it yesterday and it is finished.


I purged a lot of things that are now in the backseat of my car to donate next time I'm out. I also gave some things to the maintenance man and some to the complex manager.

I went through the second plastic bin of Christmas stuff and managed to get two bins down to one, so that was an accomplishment. Now I have one fall bin, and one Christmas bin.

I also purged clothing again, though I just did that last month, to donate.

I don't really have a lot else to do in this apartment right now. I really need to get the patio cleaned up, but it's pretty cold right now.

Since I don't use my kitchen cabinets, I have everything streamlined in my dining space in stand alone furniture. I keep that fairly organized. 

For instance I don't have a pantry here, so I use a small one I found last year. It really isn't big enough to let get too out of hand.

I keep K-cups for my Keurig in drawers in my living room. So don't discount that you must put kitchen things in the kitchen.

If you live in a small space, get creative. 

For instance I have kitchen dish towels in the bottom drawer of my dresser in the bedroom. 

As long as you keep things organized and know where you put things, it doesn't much matter where, I've learned.


I came across this photo I took of Israel. I think it was back in September on his 50th birthday. 

He loves cheesecake, so I found a Bavarian Cakery that was supposed to have great cheesecake and got him one.

Cold temperatures this week. Oklahoma weather is quite strange. One day I'm wearing shorts. Another I may be bundled up.

One day the air conditioning is running, the next might be the heater.

I've learned not to anticipate the weather to be what the season dictates!

No comments:

Post a Comment