Tuesday, December 27, 2016

What I Did On Christmas Day


How I Spent Christmas...

I cooked a pork tenderloin, scalloped potatoes and green beans. It was delicious and there were leftovers, which I love. 

I watched HGTV and totally enjoyed chilling with my favorite shows. I really loved the tiny house hunts, which I hadn't seen before, as I just recently acquired HGTV on my cable package.

A dear friend of mine called from Tyler, Texas. We spent some time catching up. Oh, how I miss her!

Believe it or not, it was warm on Christmas Day, and it rained. 

I wore shorts and had the air conditioning on. So weird. 

Christmas night I read a book on my Kindle. 

All in all, I had a great and relaxing day, doing exactly what I wanted to do. 


Notes About Living In Small Rented Spaces...

I've had quite a few looks in this apartment in the nearly three years I've lived here. It will be three years in April.

And every time I've looked at this apartment and thought the layout was limiting, I somehow managed to change it up. 

All this to say, you really are not all that limited when it comes to living in a rented and/or small home. 

I love a challenge, and so I've challenged myself when decorating this one bedroom apartment. 

If I lived in a big house, it would be easy to have "form over function."  

But in a small space, it has to be function first. 

With the right mind set, you can do it. Where there is a will, I promise you there is a way.



The Urge To Purge Series...

On January 1st, I will begin on a walk-in closet. One of two closets in my bedroom that are a complete and utter mess. 

I can hardly walk in either closet without worrying about something falling off the top shelves onto my head. 

They weren't that bad until I started digging around in there for Christmas decor. And made the decision to just leave everything in there cluttered until after the holiday. 

I will be purging some Christmas decor to try to get this yearly problem under control.

So that will be my first purging project.

If you're going to join me and take part in this series, choose one spot in your home.

Maybe it's a junk drawer in the kitchen. Or de-cluttering a book shelf. It can be as small or as large a project as you want to start out with. I suggest something not totally intimidating.

Choose your first project and focus. Don't think about what you will start next. Put the second project out of your mind.

We will share what we've gotten done in the comments. 

Hopefully the discussion will keep us all feeling positive and we can spring ideas off one another.

So now is the time to look around your home and figure out what that first project is going to be. 


And here is a photo of Charlie Ross coming down his steps.


And another from yesterday. Just because he's mama's handsome little man.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment