Monday, December 12, 2016

Strategizing My Space


I know most still have Christmas on the brain. But as usual, my mind has skipped ahead to the new year, and what I want to get accomplished in my apartment. 

First, I want to really make my space more streamlined and less cluttered everywhere. 

I am looking at every nook and cranny to see where I might better revise, create optimum storage space, and get things better organized. 

My Dining Area...

As I sit here in my chair with a pupster on either side of me keeping me warm in this rather frigid weather, I am gazing into my dining space and wondering how I might better utilize that space.

Somehow there is just too much for my eyes to land on. It is too busy and frenetic in there.

My beloved outdoor space is highlighted by the patio doors, and I must keep that area clear so I can gaze outdoors during the winter months while I can't get out and garden.

So, less furniture? A different set-up altogether? Moving things around? Wall shelves?

The Rest Of My Apartment...

As it is, I think I've just about squeezed all the space for storage I can in the kitchen. At least until I stumble across a better idea.

I like my big bedroom, and as you know I have just painted the furniture on either side of my bed. So not much to do in there but, once again, clean out both closets and purge even more "stuff."

The living room is fairly stuck on how I can arrange furniture due to the way the space is laid out. 


My Gallery Wall...

I am reconsidering the gallery wall around my TV, however.

Somehow it is beginning to be "too busy" for these eyes of mine. I'm thinking of a more calming look.

So, how can I create a better layout for that dining space I stare at from this chair as I work on my laptop every day?

Well, that's what I'll be rethinking for the new year.


Do you have a space you'd like to recreate or better utilize for your needs? If so, maybe we can work on this task together.

As time goes on, needs change of course, and we must change our surroundings with them.

Tomorrow's Blogger Christmas Link-Up...



Remember the Home For Christmas link-up will go up at 9 a.m. tomorrow morning on both mine and Debra's blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment