Monday, December 26, 2016

Dining Room Update


Well, I'm done painting for awhile. I hope!

It is overcast, so it's kind of hard to get good photos in here. And the narrowness of the room makes it hard as well. 

Notice the lower half of the wall is no longer brown. Took quite a few coats, but I'm glad I got it done.


The main motivation here was to thin furniture out and give the area visual space. No furniture crammed together.


I gave a new coat of paint to most of the furniture as well. Once I painted the table with mixed paint, I needed to add a coat to the other pieces to bring them up to date.


I wanted light and bright in here, in this oftentimes dim dining space. And I didn't want to cover every bit of wall space with "stuff."



I couldn't back up to get a full photo here. But the coffee bar is opposite where it was. And the table took its place. They just got switched.


The reasoning for this is that with my living room furniture angled, I needed a bit more space along the small wall. 

The coffee bar was more narrow, thus it gave more room to walk into the dining space from the living space around my chair.


Above, the blue hutch just as you last saw it. I didn't give it a new coat of paint.


Many of you wanted more red, and I think I've got a good mix of red in here. 

Red is such a happy and spirited color! So it makes me happy to add it to my spaces.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. 

I'm making plans for our "Urge To Purge" series in January. 

And I created a Pinterest board called Minimalism if you want to check it out. I find that just scrolling through it is relaxing


No comments:

Post a Comment