Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Painting In The Dining Space Finished

I told you I was busy painting away in the dining space. Of course I got carried away and painted most everything but the floor. And luckily enough, I didn't do much of that this time around!

I was going for a softer look in here, since the space is so small and narrow.



 
It didn't exactly turn out as I had imagined. The hutch was supposed to look aqua. Instead it looks mint green. Not quite sure what to do about that.

I painted the coffee bar twice with a lighter paint, but it turned out too beige. So back I went to the store and got paint with more yellow in it. It was a golden color before. 

And as you can see, I painted the little pantry hutch as well. 


I did what I always do with the hardware. I find a cardboard box, or even just a bit of cardboard, and screw the hardware in from the bottom so I can get every bit of surface covered at one time. 


The little kitchen table I eat at is no longer gold either. I painted three pieces of furniture with this quart of paint.

No, I haven't decorated for fall. It's too blooming hot. I had to do the basket on the table for my monthly DIY team project last week. So I left it there.


But I guess the cow canvas is the star of the show here. 

I get emails from Farmhouse Wares. Once in awhile, I realize a fantastic deal, and I quickly order before the stock is gone. When it's gone, it's gone for good. 

The cow canvas is huge. 


 
I think the hutch looks a little more aqua here. Who am I fooling? It still looks like a green breath mint. 

First it was red. Then I went through my quick bohemian phase and it was teal, and now...it is mint green.

And I'm not too happy with that so close to the green and cream curtains.

Decisions, decisions...


 
I guess the red and white dishes and pitchers will look okay up against most anything however. 

And speaking of dishes, I broke another precious one yesterday. Aren't they all precious to us decorator types? 

I said: "Enough is enough." 

You see I break something at least once per week. I'm a clumsy sort. 

So I knew I had a good amount of Wayfair points, and before I could talk myself out of it (telling myself yet again that I'd just be more careful), I got online and ordered some Corelle dishes. 


You remember those, don't you? The ones that are supposed to be unbreakable??? 

Well, it says they're very hard to break. That doesn't mean I won't somehow break them. 

So we shall see. 

I'm putting the paint brush up for awhile I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment