Friday, September 9, 2016

A Long Red Basket & Horns

Yesterday I was on my way to Home Depot. We had a power outage and many of the street lights were out. 

Somehow in the confusion, I ended up at the street light just before you go over the bridge to Jenks. Which means I was about a mile from my favorite shopping stop.

I still can't comprehend how that happened.

I think my vehicle has its own brain and knows the path to my favorite antique mall. 

Hence, the title of this blog post. 

My friend Cristina was showing what she last got thrifting, and I thought I would do that as well.


First, this pretty red basket was $10. And it had the berry stems already in it. And for Pete's sake it was red! Which catches my attention anyway.

I think I have red radar.

I've wanted one of those long narrow baskets forever. 

That other two foot long basket on my kitchen table that is long the in other direction was the same price, believe it or not. 

I tell you that place has some phenomenal deals. 

Once or twice I've wandered into a few of the other antique malls/stores there, and they just can't compete with the prices.

I thought it looked sweet right up there by my cow. I've decided not to decorate so much in red, as I will accent with red. 

I know to some people red is downright overwhelming. That's just about how I feel about pink.


So I felt the urge to balance things out with the antique sign on the other end. I've had it forever. I see those everywhere.

The other things I picked up, I saw on the first aisle, and mulled it over in my head the rest of the time I was there. Then I went back and got them.


I never really saw myself as owning horns, but they were $7 and so I told myself: Think texture, Brenda. They may be ugly. But they will provide texture to a vignette.

I said I was putting up my paint brush, and so far I have. But I got out some red spray paint I had and gave this once gold shelf that goes on the wall above my kitchen table a spraying. 


I have too many things on the patio now to break out the spray paint. So I walk over to Israel's work shed and put some cardboard on a big trash can and paint there. It's just about 12 feet out my front door.


This paint color is growing on me a bit. 

I have to get up on the step stool to paint the top of this cupboard, and that always sends my ankle into a spin, so that sealed the deal for now.

I feel a wee bit deceived that the paint chip called it "sky blue view." Because I don't see any blue in it now that it's painted. 

I always thought aqua had some blue in it. But I could be wrong.

For now it stays. I'll figure something out about the patio door curtains clashing with it. 

Sky Blue View, my foot, as my granny would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment