Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The New Changes In The Living Room

I have some new things to show you. About two months ago, my chaise on my couch broke. I put wood pieces underneath, but it was still off. And it being off made my hip hurt. 

So, being on the last month of paying off some long term bills, I went to Ashley furniture and opened an account, to be paid off before any interest is charged.

Here's what I got...



A faux-leather couch and chair. I was only going to buy the couch. But then I came home, got online, and looked at the couch there. It was priced $200 something less online. So I phoned them and told them.

To get them to take that amount off, I said I'd buy the chair if they'd throw in the ottoman. The couch actually ended up being cheaper than the other one I had that cost $599.

Where did that one go? Well, Israel and his family found a house to rent, so I sent some new-to-them things along for their new-to-them home. I purged my closets once again and Israel ended up having to hook up his trailer to take it all!



I've been holding off showing you the sweet deal I got at Kirklands. The framed cows in the pasture was half off when I went in. It was kind of odd, because I have only been in there once I think.

On that particular day, all the framed prints were 20% off of the half price. They said if I'd open an account, they'd take another 15% off my purchase. 

So I ended up getting that huge thing for 85% off! I was thrilled, because I just loved it. 



I found this unfinished table at Wayfair. I painted it French Blue. It is 32 inches by 32 inches. I was very particular about the size, because I didn't want to overwhelm the small space.



This beloved cow painting went over to another wall in the living room. I'm still in love with it!



Charlie didn't like it that I moved the chair from in front of the window. But now that summer has arrived, it was just too hot being that close to the window.

So I made him a soft cushioned spot on the trunk so he can look outside.





I framed some of my own photos a few months ago. These two are on either side of the Kirkland's cows in the pasture.



I already had the frame and mats. The cost of having the two photos done at Walgreens was $3.99 each.




Here's a wide angle view of the little dining space adjoining the living room. Of course Abi manages to get into most photos.

Charlie is over in his spot where he looks out the window.

So this is what I have been working on the past few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment